Feature Image

Semi: Thomas Over Irondequoit in OT


After a delayed start due to weather, Webster Thomas fought back from a five goal deficit (8-3) to force overtime and then defeated Irondequoit 11-10. The Titans never led and only tied the game twice (9-9 and 10-10). They took their first lead in sudden victory overtime to secure their win and move into the Finals. Irondequoit controlled the game for nearly three full quarters before Thomas fought back at the end of the third.

Irondequoit vs ThomasIrondequoit scored the first three goals and five of the first six to lead 5-1 with 4:39 remaining in the first half. Trevor Carney scored the first of his two goals from a loose ball on the crease after a save from Matt Yonko. Yonko finished with 13 saves for the Titans. With 0:08 remaining in the first quarter the Eagles scored again with a drive from behind the cage from Mike Coholan. Kessel Stefano opened up the scoring in the second quarter with an unassisted sweep across the top of the restraining line. Thomas scored their first goal with 10:39 remaining in the half when Brad Smith drove from behind the cage.

Jack Brennan scored back to back goals for the Eagles to give them the 5-1 lead. The first was on a dead ball drive to the cage from behind the cage and the second was a cross-crease feed from Daniel Doktor. The final goal of the half was scored by Trevor Ford with a feed from behind the cage by Smith.Irondequoit vs Thomas

Irondequoit started the third quarter strong. They scored two more to increase their lead to 7-2 halfway through the quarter. Stefano and Phil Barilla scored for the Eagles. The turning point for the Titans came in the final three minutes of the third quarter. Thomas scored four goals to take the game from trailing 8-3 to only trailing 8-7. The four goals were scored in 77 seconds. The Titans scored on an inside feed from Travis Ford to Pierce Currie with 2:49 remaining in third to start off their run. On the ensuing face-off they scored with a drive straight to the cage by Travis Ford. Twenty seconds later they scored again with an outside shot by Matt Hill. Another twenty seconds found Trevor Ford driving across the top of the restraining line and past a pick from Travis Ford. There were two more goals in the third quarter with each team adding one. Carney scored on the next face-off will a fast-break. Thomas added another during a man-up goal from Nick Mabe. Irondequoit led 9-8 after 36 minutes.

Thomas` last two goal of regulation were both scored during man-up with Trevor Ford scoring the first assisted by Travis Ford and the second assisted by Currie. The final Irondequoit goal was scored after a ground ball pick up on the crease by Barilla. The final five minutes saw both teams with chances at the cage, but neither could convert on a goal. In overtime both teams had a shot at the cage. After a penalty against Irondequoit, the Titans found themselves man-up. They scored the game winning goal with Smith assisting Mabe for his second goal of the night.

From the Gallery
  • 2019 Eastridge at Marcus Whitman
    Eastridge at Marcus Whitman
  • 2019 Thomas vs Canandaigua Semi
    Thomas vs Canandaigua Semi

19_USLax Inside

19_CA Bank

19_Donations Inside