Canandaigua - 6
Fairport - 9
1st 2nd 3rd 4th OT Final
2 1 2 1   6
3 2 2 2   9

The book for Canandaigua: Mark Belles (2g-2a), Colin Greene (1a), Matt Vierhile (1g), Mitch Pfeiffer (2g-1a), Sam Bennett (1a), Tyler Goode (1g), Goaltending: Aiden Kenyon 8s/9ga (48 mins).

The book for Fairport: Gavin Ingalls (1g-1a), Colin Peers (2g-1a), Klay Stuver (4g-1a), Kole Stuver (1g), Jake Knapp (1a), Alex Nicastro (1g), Connor Ruscio (1a), Goaltending: Tim Defendis 11s/6ga = 65% (48 mins).


Stuver Scores the Final Four Goals to Give Fairport the Win

- Fairport took an early lead and then held off Canandaigua to defeat the Braves 9-6.  The Red Raiders scored the final two goals in the last minute with empty net goals after the Braves pulled their goalie in an attempt to get the ball back.  Klay Stuver (who scored both empty net goals) led his team with 4g-1a.  Goalie Tim Defendis finished with 11s/6ga (65%) for the Red Raiders.

Canandaigua’s Mark Belles (2g-2a) scored the opening goal only 0:23 into the game.  Fairport responded with three unanswered goals to take the lead.  Although, Canandaigua forced one more tie, the Red Raiders never trailed again.  Canandaigua scored the final goal of the quarter (Mitch Pfeiffer from Sam Bennett) to pull within one (Fairport led 3-2). 

Fairport scored the first two goals of the second quarter to secure they largest lead of the game at 5-2.  Alesx Nicastro and Colin Peers scored for the Red Raiders.  Canandaigua scored the final goal of the half with Colin Greene assisting Matt Vierhile.  The Braves scoring streak continued into the third quarter with another two goals (Belles and Goode).  With 10:43 left in the third quarter, Canandaigua tied the score at 5-5.  Fairport’s Stuver scored all four of his goals as the final four goals of the game.  The first two (assisted by Peers and unassisted) ran out the third quarter to give Fairport the 7-5 lead after 3 quarters. 

Pfeiffer scored the final Braves goal at 9:04 remaining in the fourth.  The Braves kept up pressure, but could not tie the score again.  Stuver increased their lead with his two empty net goals to finish up the game.