Game Day Reports for

Saturday May 11, 2019

Scores Today
BAND - 1Mynderse - 16REPORT
Gates Chili - 8Brockport - 18REPORT
Eastridge - 2Livonia-Avon - 20REPORT
Fairport - 12Orchard Park - 3REPORT
Schroeder - 8Greece Storm - 10REPORT
McQuaid Jesuit - 8Irondequoit - 9REPORT
Spencerport - 7Midlakes - 6REPORT
Thomas - 4Baldwinsville - 7REPORT
Aquinas - 13Bath - 6REPORT
Brighton - 19Churchville-Chili - 11REPORT
West Seneca East - 7Penn Yan - 17REPORT


McQuaid Jesuit - 8
Irondequoit - 9
1st 2nd 3rd 4th OT Final
 McQuaid Jesuit 5 1 1 1   8
  Irondequoit 2 4 1 2   9


Irondequoit Comes Back in Final Minute

- After trailing for nearly the entire game, Irondequoit came back to take their first lead early in the fourth quarter.  The Eagles won 9-8 over McQuaid Jesuit with the winning goal coming in the final minute of regulation.  The Knights took the early lead with 4 of the first 5 goals; they led by three goals twice in the first half before Irondequoit came back to tie the game (6-6) at the half.

Ryan McEvily scored back to back to open the game. Both goals were scored within the first 1:02 with the second assisted by Jack Miller.  The Eagles’ opener was scored by Jack Brennan (3g-3a on the game).  The Knights continued their pressure with two more goals: Paul Chiariello and Miller scored.  In the first six minutes of the quarter, McQuaid Jesuit held the three goal lead (4-1).  Irondequoit fought back with four of the next five goals to tie the game at 5-5 over the next 12 minutes.  Yavin Stefano, Quinn Simonson and Brennan scored for the Eagles.  In the last five minutes of the second quarter, each team added one more goal. 

In the second half, the scoring slowed down significantly.  Nicholas Opett scored the first goal of the second half for the Knights.  Four minutes later, Simonson scored his fourth of the game to tie the game for the fourth time.  At the end of the third quarter the game remained tied at 7-7.  Starting the fourth quarter, Irondequoit took their first lead of the game.  Stefano assisted Brennan for the go ahead Eagles’ goal.  Three minutes later, the Knights tied the game for the final time off a goal from Alex Klimowski.

In the final four minutes of regulation Irondequoit kept significant control of the pace of the game.  The Eagles were repeatedly told to keep it in by the officials; however, their offense was up to the challenge and kept possession all but a single time.  McQuaid Jesuit goalie Connor Winters (who finished with 10 saves) made a save late in the game.  He cleared the ball upfield and took a shot (that missed).  That was the only offensive opportunity for the Knights in the final minutes.  The Eagles finally capitalized with 0:56 left in the game.  Stefano scored off a cut to the top of the crease and a feed from Brennan.  The Eagles improve to 8-6 while the Knights drops to 9-5 going into the final week of the regular season.

More information is available on the GAME REPORT page.


Spencerport - 7
Midlakes - 6
1st 2nd 3rd 4th OT Final
 Spencerport 3 1 1 1 1 7
  Midlakes 1 3 2 0   6


Spencerport Comes Back for OT Win

- Spencerport fought back with the last three goals to defeat Midlakes 7-6 in the second overtime period.  The Rangers held the Screaming Eagles scoreless for the final 21 minutes spanning the third, fourth quarters and two overtime periods.  Spencerport had an early lead before Midlakes scored five out of six straight goals to take a two goal lead into the late third quarter.

The Rangers spread out their opening scoring with their first three goals coming from Todd Smith, Tyler Gostling and Conner Mesh.  Midlakes opening goal was scored by Peyton Morrow with 3:25 left in the first quarter.  Spencerport held the 3-1 lead after 12 minutes.  Coming into the second quarter,  Midlakes scored three straight: Two from Brandon Macdonnell and Matt Mattoon for the third.  The Rangers added one more before halftime with Anthony Inclima scoring with 1:28 left.  The score was tied 4-4 at the half.

Just like in the second, Midlakes came out of the break with heavy pressure.  The Screaming Eagles scored their final tow goals with Trevor VanNostrand and Mattoon scoring.  They held their two goal lead for three minutes before Jacob Zimmerman scored the lone Ranger goal of the quarter.  The only goal of the fourth quarter was Gostling scoring for Spencerport to force overtime.  The game winning goal was assisted by Zach Edwards to Mesh with 45 seconds left in the second overtime period.

More information is available on the GAME REPORT page.